Saturday, June 20, 2009

Let nature be your teacher

A few weeks back
Bored by the student infested 42nd street, I decided last december (2008)that it was the right time to move into a new neighborhood. A place more peaceful and having less party-nights with smokes and liquor. The search for a new place led to the 50th street where I moved to in Feb'09. A month went by to set up the place in my way. I want my apartment to say that SG lives here, in all its arrangements and chaos, when that prevails.
Pleasant spring blended into summer. One day, finally the heat brought the email from the clouds. The message was instantly received by mother earth, sent directly through thunderbolts, nature's favorite carrier. It rained. The morning after, I went out to enjoy my porch, which my 42nd street apartment lacked (despite its high rent). As I sipped my green tea and honey mixture, a bright red dot captured my sight in the heart of the lush green right ahead. It was a song bird, drifting and gliding through branches and leaves with its friends. Its song and color brightened up my day and its 'music in my heart I bore, long after it was heard no more'.

No comments: