Saturday, June 20, 2009

Flowers first, Birds second

I have never taken care of outdoor flowering plants before. So my knowledge of the subject has been limited. However, I knew something, plants need water, air and sunlight. So I gave the potted beauties plenty of the elements. The result, well, not so good. The leaves started drooping, the flowers behaved like snails recoiling into their shells.
Crystal ball to the rescue! This time 'How to water your plants?' Life teaches us lessons, so, we live and learn. I learnt that spraying water on the leaves and flowers is not a good idea after all, especially during the day time. Somehow this messes up with their transpiration process or something like that. Even if I would like a mist sprayed on me during a summer day, thats not meant for my plants.
So my attention now was diverted to proper plant growth. Meanwhile, I did hear the cardinal song from time to time. Check out this link to listen to the song.

No comments: