Saturday, June 20, 2009

Let nature be your teacher contd.

The Northern Red Cardinal
I missed seeing the bird I mentioned in the last post a couple of days and thought it must have been the rains that made him happy that he came out of his hiding. So I gathered my moments of the red bird and saved them in my memory folder.
A few days after that event, while I was viewing my favorite carrier, I heard that song again. He was back! Yes!
Today's world is clearer than that of the past. Type a few words on a screen, click a button and you get all the information about your quest in a second. So I took advantage of this magic machine, something the ancients would refer to as a crystal ball or magic mirror, whatever. With a few searches I found out that the captivating creature is a Northern Red Cardinal. I also found out that this species is a backyard visitor and has a thing for birdfeeders.
By then, I was obsessed with the Cardinal and decided to invite him into my backyard which in reality is a small porch.

No comments: